PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not-so-woke Reds
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2022, 08:49
mahogany bob

Received 90 Likes on 46 Posts
o Me

BLAND

The RAF I knew was full of eccentrics- aircrew who lived life to the full ,loved flying and worked ,when necessary,24/7

A can do attitude prevailed,squadron morale was high- and the Reds ( love them or hate them) were admired (and envied) by us all. Their skill acquired by HARD WEEKEND WORK was the envy of all who love aviation. They were ,and still are,the stars of the show and most of us would love to have been good enough to be selected for THE team.

Everyone knew that they were prima donna but no one really cared a stuff! It was all part of a healthy inter unit rivalry,

They are the envy of other forces and endlessly ,with their faultless displays ,show the RAF off at its best.

Do we really want to disband this team,the pride of the nation,and end up with a bland - politically correct- woke force of nonentity?

t43562

Not that this matters but I find this reminds me a lot of the 3rd world that I come from - where rules and standards apply only to the hoi polloi. It's almost the classic response to accusations of corruption back there: "they" (meaning politicians or connected businessmen etc) are too important to have to obey the law, let alone common decencies.

me

A TOTALLY irrelevant reply !!

Langleybastion

I disagree, probably because I understand the reply's
relevance.

SO you compare the extremely bad behaviour of a couple of RA pilots with 3rd world CORRUPT politicians and businessmen !!

You can’t be serious!

Also LB what I find difficult to stomach is your constant biting criticism of the Reds -having never experienced in your warm met office the severe pressures and stress that they regularly experienced !

PS - reading todays papers ,which have opened other cans of worms, this sorry affair seems to have been handled extremely badly!