PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belgium blocks export of nuclear technology to UK
Old 25th Nov 2022, 18:03
chopper2004

Received 96 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Ninthace
Tin Tin
Hercule Poirot
The Saxaphone
Roller Skates
The Smurfs
The Pill
The first internal combustion engine

A glowing subject nontheless and did not realise we relied on the Flemish helping our nuclear power.

Ze Pill ??? interesting and the sex sorry The Sax ....

Last time I was in Belgium was for Sanicole Air Show back 2009 as old mate of mine, shes a VSO in their Land Component invited me over...was invited to her wedding few years later on but couldnt make it.. Interesting that regardless of whether you wanna fly F-16 (soon to be F-35A / A400M/ NH90 or grab an FN rifle and lead a platoon / company / tank battalion or command a small patrol vessel, had to go through their Renaissacelaan (Royal Military Academy) 4 year commissioning course (the cadets split into naval college in final year??) then earn a degree as well as the Kings Commission. I have visited the Renaisscelaan in the mid 1990s....

I was slightly bemused and saddened at the state of the villages with buildings falling apart and not being rebuilt. Even the parking lot at Zaventum International looked like it was falling apart judging by the bricks crumbling.

On a darker note, their law enforcement / gendarmarie have not fared well in the 80s/90s with the Brabant killers and a predator network found uncovered due young girls found-in-the-basement leading to a pretty much internal affairs investigation of a major police station especially their detective division damn near shut down (1995).

On another negative note, their NH90 problems.... beyond that everything is tickety boo

cheers