PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas International Cabin Crew Recruitment 2022
Old 25th Nov 2022, 07:16
debbieitaly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Watto22
For anyone about to do their medical in North Sydney, I did mine yesterday and this is what I was required to do: 15 push-ups (on your knees is ok), 32kg dead lift twice along with removing the weight from the stand and putting it back on again (very awkward), 20kgs lifted twice above your head (also very awkward and the facilitator spotted me), asked to kneel and get back up again, 3 min step test, 10 regular squats and then 10 squats on each leg, urine test, blood pressure test, breath test, a range of agility moves, eye test (short, long and colour), grip test, and last but not least the hearing test. I was told to do this test in the lobby area outside of the physio's office, where the lift and bathroom was. 3 times during my test the lift doors opened and twice someone came in and out of the bathroom with the door slamming etc. I did not score well in this test and when I showed my disappointment at the end after seeing my score the facilitator said to me "it's not that bad, this is not a very accurate test". I'm pretty upset that after getting this far it all might come down to this audio test. Wondering if in other facilities that others have been to if the audio test was conducted differently?
I am soooo glad you posted this! I had a very similar experience with the hearing and vision test. Mine was done in a non sound proof consultation room, on a busy main road, and their laptop was downloading something in the background. It was atrocious, and when I expressed my concern, she rolled her eyes and laughed and said itll be fine dont worry. Then for the reading test, I told her I didn't have my reading glasses with me because they'd called me while I was out and asked me to come in straight away as they'd had a cancellation. She said oh don't worry you did ok without them. I said oh ok isn't good enough for this role, can we do it when I have my glasses, and she again just laughed and said stop worrying you'll be fine. So i called bodycare this morning and told them what happened, and they said theyll be investigating it. When I spoke to other people about that place they also said they seem to just want to get it done quickly and aren't really concerned with meeting standards. So it looks like this happens quite a lot unfortunately.