PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not-so-woke Reds
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2022, 11:27
Thoughtful_Flyer

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Finningley Boy
I can see that it is harder to justify the red Arrows now, they do have quite a fan following though, if you read the enthusiasts sites you'll see that. Personally, while clinging to air shows, having had them instilled in my memory over decades, I would perhaps, if necessary, look to replace the Red Arrows with more in the line of operational demonstrations. They may not be too realistic from a crew point of view, but would at least present what the RAF get up to before the public, albeit condensed onto a tiny stage like Fairford or wherever. I was never to keen on gaudy colours, like the Typhoon solo display paint schemes and of course, "the Reds" .

FB
Will we?

The impression I get is that the keen aviation / air show "enthusiasts" in the UK are not particular fans of the Red Arrows. Yes, they have a considerable popular appeal amongst the more casual / occasional air show attendees and general public. Those that get to see some of the other national jet formation teams from around the world often seem to rank the Red Arrows in fourth or fifth place, particularly in more recent years.