PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF completes first flight powered by used cooking oil
Old 19th Nov 2022, 10:18
Finningley Boy

Received 77 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by uxb99
Is this an inevitable attempt to deal with the fact that oil will eventually run out?
If so what is the future for an air force that has to rely on bio-fuels? I can't see a war being fought without oil, well not in it's current form.
I think it is driven more by carbon emissions and the need to address this, hence my point about what reaction the various pressure groups, like ER and JSO, will have? If they welcome this, then they're serious about climate change, if they attack this on any grounds, then it is all the more likely their position is much less about countering climate change and saving the planet and far more about radical political change, specifically in western nations, like ours, and severely weakening economies, security and defence postures in order to achieve that. Calls, not entirely unheeded by our government, to pay one trillion pounds or so to developing nations in aid (reparations for the industrial revolution) are a loud hint that its the latter. I see Ed Miliband, not at all surprisingly, is a keen proponent.

FB