PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster Sheffield-3
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2022, 21:38
Diff Tail Shim

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by davidjohnson6
I'm struggling to understand why the closure of DSA is because of Brexit. Was the airport really that dependent on unemployed people in Romania coming to Lincolnshire to pick crops ? If so, that sounds like an airport with a very flimsy business plan. I don't think Brexit imposed particular difficulties on TUI as they seem to fly from many other UK airports.

I'm not trying to ridicule an argument... I'd just like to see a good and clear explanation of why Brexit was a substantial factor in DSA largely ceasing to be an airport
Let us study your comments line by line.
Originally Posted by davidjohnson6
I'm struggling to understand why the closure of DSA is because of Brexit. Was the airport really that dependent on unemployed people in Romania coming to Lincolnshire to pick crops ?
You mean people coming to the UK to do tasks needed to be done in Lincolnshire as 1/. Most of the population there are either too old to work the fields 2/. Not wanting to work in the **** conditions offered by the Tory gang masters 3/. Have too many common Genes that one finds if you have spent some time in that county that puts year by year RTA death rates on trunk road signs. 34 last year and 37 this. WIZZ sodded off as their business in the area was chopped off by the Gams. Lots of Gams lost their jobs. Lesson learned.