PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R Areas - Shoalwater Bay
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2022, 23:27
Geoff Fairless

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Eclan
Just a small point: the "Department of Defence" referred to in this thread is in fact "Defence Australia."

I'm not sure the Squadron Leader would appreciate his name and even his email being reprinted here. Often there's a caveat at the bottom of such emails referring to sharing of the information. Posting that detail is a sloppy misjudgement.

While at it I have no issue with Australia managing the airspace in that area for our national needs. This is low-grade muck-raking and, if you really feel you need to engage in it, is better discussed in-house in some green leftist anti-establishment shame group not shared here in an attempt to sling mud. There are many real shortcomings of the government much more worthy of being made public than this non-event. Thank you.

Hi Eclan - Secrecy is the weapon most used by bureaucrats to hide their activity, but first a quote from the current Australian Government Directory:
"The Department of Defence is constituted under the Defence Act 1903, its mission is to defend Australia and its national interests."
Defence Australia sounds like another beaurocratic attempt at managing the media like the ill-fated BOM nonsense.

On secrecy, any attempt to hide the non-sensitive, non-need to know aspects of Government, is simply beaucraftic self - serving. If they can stay out of the public eye and the media then they can exercise power without accountability.
LB has answered your nonsense about "muck - raking" - I guess your saying that the end justifies the means, breaking the law is so acceptable!