PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rumours & News or Accidents and Close Calls?
Old 10th Nov 2022, 10:51
Bull at a Gate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Please forgive me, but I will try to explain again. I’m old but can remember the olden days. Many years ago you could not access PPRuNe Problems or Queries directly. You had to first click on Computer/ Internet Issues and Troubleshooting and then there was a link to PPRuNe Problems or Queries. It was in those days a subforum of the Computer/Internet Issues & Troubleshooting forum. You had to go through one to get to the other. But, again many years ago, things changed. PPRuNe Problems and Queries became a forum you could access directly. However it’s still referred to as a “subforum” when it is not.

When PPRuNe opens, at the top of the page is the heading “Flight Deck Forums”. Note the plural. Under that are four forums. Further down the page we see Misc. Forums, again note the plural. So things listed under that heading, are forums, not subforums.

I really didn’t want to cause any trouble! And if you like things the way they are, that’s fine by me! I only started this completely unnecessary exercise because you were so appreciative of the suggestion to remove the reference to a bash which happened 22 years ago.

Not for the first time, I think I have caused more fuss than I intended. Sorry.