PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 737 Max Recertification Testing - Finally.
Old 8th Nov 2022, 14:08
WideScreen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by threep
The next clean sheet design from either AB or BA will need to make a big step forward regards efficiency/carbon emissions. From an airframe manufacturers point of view they only place they can really go is a blended-wing design and making that work regards customer experience, emergency escape, cargo and a whole host of other design challenges.. I don't see either company eager to push the go button on that work from a commercial standpoint, but if we start getting any emissions targets for airlines coming from governments (eg COP27) then their hands may be forced.
Take as an example, the A350 development. Airbus heavily objecting, because there was an A330, bla bla, though it turned out to be a significant success, with more growth potential.

So, I think, there are still realistic evolutionary developments possible for the BA line of airplanes.

The fact, BA doesn't have money, OK, that's a serious item and the longer they delay biting the sour apple, the less competent knowledge they will have in-house available. So, yeah, it doesn't look good and recovery can easily take 20-30 years, IF BA wants this at all.

Maybe split-off the airline airplanes from BA and sell this to China ???????? I think, China would be eager to obtain that BA part (the other parts too, though that's not going to happen).