PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best Electronic Pilot Logbook
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2022, 09:25
Intrance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by davidicus
Just had an email through from mccPILOTLOG that they are discontinuing their "grandfathering program", on the 24th November, one day before their Black Friday sale.

The old mccPILOTLOG software is running fine for me - but they say the cloud server running it is having frequent outages and will only remain alive as long as technically possible.

Is it worth the upgrade to the new CrewLounge PILOTLOG, what do you guys think?

I read that there were teething issues with the new rendition but that they might've been ironed out now?
I originally switched over to LogTen because Crewlounge had many issues at the beginning. Eventually switched back as it was still cheaper to "reinstate" my lifetime license than keep paying for LogTen. All seems to be working nicely now, no issues and easy sync with our rostering software. So it may be worth it to invest the €110 or so... just to have a valid option if mccPilotlog really stops working.

Exporting from LogTen was a pain and required manual clean up of the CSV file to have everything imported properly, despite exporting in supposedly the correct format according to Crewlounge FAQ. But coming directly from mccPilotlog should be straight forward I guess.