PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Was he Correct in Speaking Out.
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2022, 20:25
Chugalug2

Received 210 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by Lonewolf_50
I hate to say this, but I think it gets worse before it gets better.

In a related note, regarding a Naval Officer / Naval Aviator speaking out and getting slammed for it,
interesting article on the CO of the Roosevelt and that COVID thing here.
For your consideration.
L50, thanks for the link. I see connections between the two cases despite one SO being punished for doing his best for his subordinates with zero support from above. The other of course decided on ploughing a lonely furrow, always a dubious exercise in the military. Nevertheless, both men were punished by their CoC, in my view, having been let down by that same CoC. This rings bells on this side of the pond. The 'unspeakable enemies of the state' earning a crust from our dear Chinese friends were well known to be doing so and not a word said by the RAF leadership until the media saw a story that would simply run and run. Perhaps if the leadership had been less interested in catering to the media woke world and more interested in the RAF's fighting efficiency it would have addressed the reasons why it lost trained and experienced FJ pilots to train the PLAAF. Perhaps if the RAF leadership had simply done its duty it could have been a win-win? As usual the subordinates pay the cost of poor leadership. Perhaps time that the leadership started paying the costs as well?

Thread drift? Wrong thread even? I would counter not, but you pays your money and makes your choice, just as these two SOs did.