PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MOD Pension Debacle
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2022, 08:02
Bob Viking

Received 545 Likes on 147 Posts
Pension Payment

I am not describing my question as having anything to do with the above mentioned debacle. I am just tagging a question on here in the hope of getting a knowledgeable answer.

My last day in uniform was 20 Sep 22. When, therefore, should I expect to receive my lump sum and what, if anything, do I need to do to make it happen?

I completed all the relevant paperwork before leaving and was told I had nothing left to do. My UK address and bank details have remained the same as they were before I left. I am out of the country though and haven’t read any correspondence from Equiniti.

The answer I have had so far is to expect my lump sum to arrive in 30 working days (it’s now been more than that) and that all payments will be back dated.

I just wondered if anybody has any recent experience of whether the 30 days is a good benchmark or whether it will be the first pay run after the 30 days (standard JPAC Glasgow answer even though I realise pensions are done differently) or one of any number of other such excuses.

I have some Champagne on ice which is waiting on an answer!

BV