PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas International Cabin Crew Recruitment 2022
Old 4th Nov 2022, 03:05
Intellisis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by glitter
Hey everyone! I did my medical on Monday and thought I'd share what I did for anyone doing theirs soon since the assessments all seem to differ. I had to do a sight and hearing test, urine test, 10 regular squats, 5 squats on one leg, 15 knee push ups, some reach and general flexibility tests, height measured again (I measured 161cm on AD and 168cm in the medical? My true height is 167 lol) 3 min step test, lifting a 32kg weight from floor to waist twice, lifting a 20kg weight above my head twice (I struggled with this!), and one side plank for around 20 seconds.

Unfortunately I failed my hearing test since the earphones didn't sit in my ear properly (I have smaller ears) so I could hear music from the gym still and therefore couldn't hear the beeps properly. My result said I suffer severe hearing loss in my right ear and moderate loss in my left, which shocked me as I'm in my early 20's, I don't have any previous auditory issues, and currently am a flight attendant! The doctor didn't allow me to resit it so I called someone from TA straight after to see what I could do and they said they'd get back to me. While I'm waiting for my fate if anyone here has had a miracle and was able to re-do something in the medical or got through even with a fail please reassure me and let me know because I feel a rejection email is coming my way now
Very strong possibility hearing would be a reason for rejection, that's why I suggest that you make an appointment with an audiologist for an expert second opinion and send the results to TA if positive.