PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas pilot sues the airline for sexual harassment
Old 3rd Nov 2022, 00:29
Willie Nelson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Clare Prop
Plenty of female aviation role models past and present. Tokens are not required.
I could list them but there's no need.
The people pushing the "role model" idea remind me of the Tracy Curtis Taylor debacle.

My heroes are Amy Johnson and Neil Armstrong, not because of gender but because they achieved what at the time seemed impossible.

I've read the "the sky would be pink" article, I worked with Louise many years ago, she is certainly one to stand up for herself and as a member of AFAP I'm very happy to have her stand up for me. But that has nothing to do with our gender.

While silly comments about making coffee are annoying, I will add here my only real gender based issue, 30 years ago when a passenger on a charter decided at 9500 feet to get his dick out and have a wank right there in the right hand seat because he "couldn't take his eyes off my legs". After landing I told the boss I was not going to fly with him again and I was sacked on the spot, because "he is our best customer and he can do what he wants". I'm just glad it didn't turn violent.
Wow, That’s amazing!