PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arrival experience at tourist airports 2022
Old 2nd Nov 2022, 09:11
AeroSpark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just returned from a short break in Marakech with TUI. LGW going out all very nice and easy, except for 45 min delay due to some idiot having his bag taken off, searched and something removed. He was then offloaded along with his very unhappy looking mrs! RAK on the other hand was a nightmare going in and out. Over an hour just at passport control both ways. 90 min delay at the gate with no information from the worlds most disinterested staff other than 'technical problem' and a shrug of the shoulders. Eventually got going, however very bad weather at LGW meant we tried one very bumpy approach before giving up and going to Birmingham instead, where we then had another 2+ hour wait for coaches back to LGW. I wrote it off as one of those things that happens and at the end of the day we're still alive but got an email from TUI yesterday apologising for the mess up and giving up a £200 per person voucher towards another holiday, fair play to them they didn't have to do that, particularly as I hadn't even complained, I will be thinking very long and hard whether to ever go back to Marrakech though.