PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Babcock Mission Critical Services Australasia
Old 27th Oct 2022, 03:33
MagsOffTap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BudgieFerguson
I'm sure the 4th MD in 3 years will fix things.
You mean this guy? EXPLORING, CREATING AND PUSHING THE BOUNDARIES OF THE UNKNOWN

Newington sounds like he's trying to cast himself as some sort of aviation visionary but helicopter HUDs have been around for decades and there is a reason why they're not being used in civil helicopter operations. It's because for the most part, they're not needed. Unlike the military, EMS pilots don't go flogging around at 50 ft on NVGs in formation in low visibility environments.

With a career spanning 15 years in the legal, defence, aviation and critical services industries in Australia and the UK, and working with the British Army as well as defence-aligned companies, Newington brings to Babcock a strong innovation vision and the leadership to deliver it

He's fitted a lot in 15 years apparently Jack of all trades.

When I was reading it I was thinking that its sounds like he wrote it himself for his LinkedIn profile and then I saw that the byline of the article says "written by Babcock Australasia".

Interesting the Babcock is paying Australian Aviation to run advertorials for them. Who are they trying to market to?

Sort of compromises Australian Aviation a bit doesn't it? It was only a few months ago they were reporting about Rex pilots taking industrial action but nothing at all about the **** fight that's going on a Babcock with their engineers and pilots all taking industrial action at the moment. I guess AA aren't really interested in aviation news, just $$$$.