PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brisbane Airport welcomes Jet Zero council
Old 27th Oct 2022, 03:16
Flying Binghi

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Fonz121
I’m not going to debate the finer points of a topic that’s not my area of expertise. I’ll leave that to the people who have spent their lives committed to the research and science behind it. I’m going to take a wild guess that you don’t fall into that category. I’m getting more of a University of YouTube vibe.

Imagine being told by a plumber that the science behind aerodynamics is wrong, because you know, it’s all a conspiracy by the woke media.

Jesus some of you are dense.
“…Jesus some of you are dense…”

Jesus eh. The name of god in vain. Straight to hell for ye Fonz121.. …and an excellent segway to:

Lets have a look-see at how an uneducated novice could question someone with a highly educated ‘expertise’ of a subject.

Fonz121, there are millions of scholars who have spent their life studying and interpreting Islam. Me, i’m an atheist who has done very little study of any religion.

Fonz121, by your reasoning as I am not an expert on religions I can not ‘deny’ the scholarly reasoning behind religion or reject all ‘man made’ religions outright as I have done because I am not ‘educated’ on the subject.

For an example, why would I question Islam: When Islam dictates that a female is worth half a man I am unable to see how that would pass the most basic test of common sense. And yet, it seems to uneducated me to be one of the central ‘themes’ of that religion - apparently the ‘proof’ is to be found in the scholarly texts.

Back to climate. One of the central themes of the ‘proof’ of man changing climate is how current events are unusually hotter/colder/wetter/dryer/more flammable than the past. That’s something any atheist can check…

​​​​​…
​​​​​…