PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LGW BA lite
Thread: LGW BA lite
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2022, 14:23
DS1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zumzum
Not sure about pension plans I'm afraid. Spent too much time in too many different places that I personally don't count on that.

Regarding rosters: they looked good. Mainly two sectors days with 1hr turnaround on average. Long flights: lots of Spain, Portugal, Italy and no nightstops. In reality, they are not really a low cost as they claim. Its all BA for now but they plan to have their own AOC etc.

They seemed fairly interested in getting pilots as they need to expand quite a bit but not desperate I would say.

All in all, I think if you are British, maybe from London, it would make a lot of sense as this would be a non-commuting contract (no 5-4 like easyJet) and you'll have the chance to join the main BA seniority list. Meaning you can then apply for long haul and whatnot (including getting mainline contract for what I understood). Its a good bet I would say.
Now, if you are a foreigner, well it all depend on personal circumstances. But cost of living is very high and well, there are now so many opportunities if you want to fly away from home but still in Europe (for that money).

I will not proceed any further in the selection process as it doesn't make sense for me personally, but again, I can see good potential if you are from that side of the world :-)
on a side note: of course this is not good for BA pilots as they see all this as another potential threat. But man, Europe is so f**** that hey, at least we are not flipping burgers just yet.
Less pay at BA Lgw than LHR euro. Frozen at Lgw for 5 years. No nightstops.