Thread: RAF Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2022, 18:30
John Rogers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RN has flying training slots

Originally Posted by CallumMorton
Hi all.
I've dreamt of being an RAF pilot since a child. After finishing my A-Levels in July, I'm now on the hunt to become a pilot.
I've been following the RAF recruitment page for a while, and the pilot recruitment hasn't been open for many months.
Does anyone know what is happening with it, and whether they will be opening within the next 6 months or so?
I've got the decision of whether to enter commercial flight training instead, which is a big money commitment, something that will be hard for myself, so I'd rather go through the RAF.
At the same time, I don't want to be waiting around this time next year waiting for the RAF to be recruiting pilots.

If anyone has any information on this topic, I would really appreciate the help!
Callum
Hi Callum

A young, close friend visited an RAF recruitment office (Armed Forces actually but who cares - well you might!) in last 2 weeks to be told that despite his recent Flying Scholarship and excellent CCF activites there are no RAF flying slots coming up. BUT... The RM recruiter in the same office said the RM DOES have slots.

Good luck