PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 737 Max Recertification Testing - Finally.
Old 22nd Oct 2022, 13:23
WillowRun 6-3

Location: Within AM radio broadcast range of downtown Chicago
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Australopithecus
Probably not, but I would be grateful if Willow Run could opine.
Thank you for the invitation.

I'll latch onto the court's written order and offer more if I can, although for now, I think fdr hit the point squarely on center: the plea agreement [correction: Deferred Prosecution Agreement] was a sorry excuse for an outcome and resolution of that criminal matter in federal court. Let it be recalled that a more vigorous criminal prosecution did in fact take place, namely the effort to convict Mark Forkner, an effort that - thankfully - failed.

As to the looming certification deadline..... Earlier this fall I had occasion to fly to Brussels to attend a gabfest featuring some worthies in European aviation. I asked a senior flight attendant if I could get permission to visit the flight deck of the 787-10 after landing and gate-parking and ask the pilots some questions I'd been reading about regarding flight control systems and, to my surprise, the aviators did invite me up. I'm here to report nothing about how the 787-10 crew alerting systems work or compare to less contemporary systems . . . because all that happened is I got my Enthusiast membership renewed again - so excited to see through the windscreen and (at Capt's suggestion) sit in the left-hand seat (oh boy!), put hands on the control yoke (....!) I utterly blanked on any questions. I'll save the forum from seeing the photos of this SLF-atty looking so Enthusiastic. But my point is, I'm more convinced than ever that Congress is not quite capable of dissecting the real questions about extending the deadline. I have to put some faith and hope on FAA and, yes, this latest news about the legal aftermath of the two crashes would seem to weigh against FAA giving TBC such a benefit of doubt (.... subject to reading the district court judge's ruling).

Last edited by WillowRun 6-3; 22nd Oct 2022 at 14:58.