PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia recruitment
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2022, 22:45
HappyBandit

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Colonel_Klink
Whilst every second person seems to be talking about leaving - it will be interesting to see if that actually materialises. I have my reservations.

The latest 12 month resource plan showed the need for 80FOs. That doesn’t account for attrition. So I think there’s every chance externals will be hired by middle of next year.

‘No Idea Either’ did hit the nail on the head though. Virgin is not an enjoyable place at all to work right now. Wholesale changes are needed - but anything that costs a dollar will be resisted at all costs due to this upcoming IPO which seems to be the CEOs sole attention. So the anger is only going to continue to build over the next 12-18 months until it blows up come EA time.
Thanks guys for your responses. It's so sad to hear that the morale is low currently. To be fair, I'm not sure it's better elsewhere, at least in Australia. It surprises me though, particularly after the pandemic when everyone was hurting. I'd have thought companies would be doing everything they could to keep staff and improve conditions.

Virgin used to be the place to be. How things have changed. I just hope that those looking to jump ship have something to look forward to.

I should have done my engineering degree in hindsight, except I love flying too much.