PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia recruitment
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2022, 21:56
Colonel_Klink

Received 39 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by No Idea Either
Happy Bandit et al

They are burning through the list at a great rate of knots. Every second person I talk to seems to be leaving for the US or QF. There is going to be a tsunami of resignations in the new year. Just hang tight, it’ll happen a lot quicker than anyone thought. Unfortunately I’m a ‘lifer’(too old to go anywhere else otherwise I would be off without a doubt) so I advise to think of it as a career step. Unless there are drastic changes you don’t want to spend the next 20-30 years here, it’s toxic at the moment. It’s hard to enjoy work (I used to) when the CEO hates you as a group and is only interested in a IPO bonus and the sooner Bain %#$@ off the better………..
Whilst every second person seems to be talking about leaving - it will be interesting to see if that actually materialises. I have my reservations.

The latest 12 month resource plan showed the need for 80FOs. That doesn’t account for attrition. So I think there’s every chance externals will be hired by middle of next year.

‘No Idea Either’ did hit the nail on the head though. Virgin is not an enjoyable place at all to work right now. Wholesale changes are needed - but anything that costs a dollar will be resisted at all costs due to this upcoming IPO which seems to be the CEOs sole attention. So the anger is only going to continue to build over the next 12-18 months until it blows up come EA time.