PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sunderland airshow cancelled due to climate change.
Old 19th Oct 2022, 14:57
Skipness One Foxtrot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveReidUK
I suspect a Venn diagram showing the two groups would have a pretty large intersection ...
Stop thinking like an extremist, there is nuance here.
1. "Climate change denial" - the absolutist position, climate has always been the same, there's a benchmark "normal". This is the "flat earth" science denial position
2. Man made climate change denier - Climate has always been dynamic, there's a load of evidence climate changed long before the coming of man's industrial revolution. This set believes that you can stop oil tomorrow and the climate will continue to warm and cool as it always has.

We conflate 1 and 2 above as if they are the same, they're not. There are a load of variables involved, of which one is human produced CO2. To lay the blame on man and ignore the weight of the other variables which have been changing climate since we had one, is religious belief fueled by junk modelling where funded scientists give added weight to certain variables to get funding. We should deffo pollute less, but the eco-alarmists couldn't understand a weighted model if their lives depended on it, and COVID modelling should have shown you how political "Science" can be. But what do I know, I only build models for clients for a living....