PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian asleep
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2022, 16:14
HandoverRichard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's happened again...

https://www.aerotime.aero/articles/3...mpaign=organic

All I don't understand is why no journalist starts tying up all the snippets of news from ET, and starts exposing them. As others have pointed out on this thread, ET always gives the standard response about "safety being its primary concern". I know someone "really well" who used to work for them, and several others who still do, and everyone knows that maximising profit is the ONLY concern at ET. "Yes captain, I know it's illegal, but..." is a line their ops staff use reguarly. FOs (all locals, and many of whom describe themselves as "slaves") with no rites at all, flying 140 hours per month (this is across all fleets). If they turn down any duty, it's straight into the DFOs office, and promotion will be delayed. Total disregard for limits. Policies are to be followed until following them might incur a reduction in profits, and then it's expected that all staff will go outside of policy; "dispensations" are always given. The only way they're not crashing more hulls is because they keep using the newest models on the market. Pilot training is rough to say the least - it's more important to turn up with an ironed shirt than to know how to fly competently. Briefings are still 1960s style. Cockpit discipline is non-existent - one captain strolled out of the flight deck duriing the climb, leaving the inexperienced FO alone... and he made a level bust. The problem is, the media doesn't do enough research to know how to expose them. In the meantime, they will continue to lose hulls (and blame the manufacturers) and kill more inncoent people every few years.