PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS, it gets better.
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2022, 22:55
PoppaJo

Received 295 Likes on 124 Posts
It is the truth. I worked in recruitment in my previous operator. We hired expats previously and had problems. Management said they didn't want anymore problems, what they really meant is they don't want anymore people who have an agenda when they walk in. My current outfit wont hire expats as they prefer locals from a prop who generally hang around. I have many many mates overseas like you, sandpit and what not, who are trying to come back, but the options are very limited. Now, not everyone is a d!ck that went overseas, but some are, and cause problems for the rest.

You are better off retiring at the expat job, buying a boat here or up in Asia somewhere for the weekends, vs trying to get back here for job that will likely pay half or less for the remainder of your career, and end up with little cash at the end and no boat! I mean I think I would prefer finishing up early on the 777/380/350 with plenty of cash, then spending the last 10 years slogging it out in some Alliance or Network gig just to get home.