PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Display experience
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2022, 12:12
NutLoose

Received 2,717 Likes on 1,154 Posts
Puma to Brize open day, with Gimpy mounted in doorway, crew and rest of us showing people around it, was getting lots of excited kids on board and showing them how to cock the Gimpy, aim it at the RAF Policeman and pull the trigger, much to the mirth of all around.. until my relief told me to desist

Later on about five or six RAF officer nurses turfed up in best blue asking to have a look inside, now as you know the steps on a Puma are not really designed for women in tightish skirts, so up they pulled them one at a time giving one an eyeful.. safely ensconced in the cockpit and front seats I was asked to take a photograph of them all. Happy to oblige they all said smile and think something, my mind forgets what... and then to me and think of what you are thinking off.
Surprising how I was suddenly relieved after taking the pictures and having a chat as the crew reappeared like flies round sh*t.. A few weeks later back at work who should turf up but all the nurses having been invited for a flight.. as they all traipsed through the line office, they all smiled, say hello to me and ask how I am and came over to have a little chat... those on my shift were agog that I appeared to know all these lovelies .