PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Kerch Bridge Thread
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2022, 23:56
fdr

Received 861 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by WB627
I'm no expert in this field, but I think 23 tonnes of anfo would have done a lot more damage than that.

The Baltic Exchange in London, anfo bomb was 1 tonne in a Transit van, look at the damage that did. I've seen with my own eyes the crater from a mere 1,000lb RAF air dropped dumb bomb, all be it military grade explosives and I realy don't think the Kerch bridge was hit with anything close to 23 tonnes.

However, if it was the FSB, why use anfo if they were going to blame it on Ukraine? If it was Ukraine why use anfo? I'm sure they both have access to military grade explosives. My money is now on dissidents/insurgents, but from which side, is any ones guess.

If it was the FSB, I would be expecting a few of them to be exiting the Kremlin via the sixth floor
  • 23 Tons, 230 Tons, 2.3 Tons, what's in a decimal point? (Oklahoma City A.P. Murray building was 3.2 T of ANFO... )
  • 72 hours to have the whole paper trail for the event from the FSB. Across two countries that they have entry restrictions to, due to their aggression... Pink panther efficiency!
  • The photos of the truck are a different truck to the photos of the X-rayed Truck, and not even close. About as good as FSB passports and service IDs have been. They are really slipping. Ooops.
  • The X-Ray shows the rat cunningly hidden load!. on the trailer. The trailer is not the same trailer as in the photo immediately before the explosion. Ooops.
So the FSB has the capability to go and do a detailed trace of the movements of a trailer, over what, a 3-4 week period, in the middle of a war of their making, in countries that are opposed to their actions, one being a NATO member, and the other wanting to be... A third country that is being provided assistance by NATO members against the latest attacks against their borders...

The differences in the truck trailer are an issue, as then the question is, when that occurred (apparently the theory of the FSB) how was the fact that the load was a bunch of bombs with bomb paraphernalia hidden from the truck owner, or trailer owner? How did it get fuzed? How did they time a detonation of an unsuspecting driver's trailer load to have it happen anywhere on the causeway or bridge area? This isn't German rail (pre latest sabotage... or Swiss precision, it's Russia... in a time of unease... If an external observer is running around with a phone, to hit "send", how do they loiter on the bridge approaches long enough to meet up with the truck after it has concluded it's random timeline through security? If it is a vehicle behind the truck, the same issue arises. Clock and remote triggering seem implausible, and it doesn't seem to fit that the uncle was a party to a truck bombing.

Some of the pier concrete spalling needs some close examination, it doesn't look like explosive damage, and it is in an odd place. Not certain that it is indicating where the detonation occurred at all, but doesn't look like preexisting damage.

The truck tyres don't seem to be suggesting 23 Tons of charge, nor does the X ray of the rat cunning trailer load... Overloaded tyres look more like this: