PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Aus/NZ Positions
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2022, 06:05
43Inches

Received 415 Likes on 229 Posts
Spoiler

Strawman. You wrote that you can't organize basing and annual leave without seniority. Fact check, some airlines do.
The argument is Seniority vs Not in a total package you can't cherry pick what parts you like and don't. Fact is companies without seniority have worse conditions full stop, unless its some sort of specialty operation that does require skill.

You really are all over the place in this thread.

"you are only talking about line positions, just about any other role in airlines you can apply for and get in outside of seniority."

So, now you're arguing that the seniority system DOESN'T exist in Australia? Make up your mind.
I think you are drinking too much today, you were saying you were somehow being hindered by cronyism and nepotism in J*. Seniority generally only covers basing and promotions to captain among general line pilots. Training and checking at almost all airlines is a selected position with merit/skill the main concern. If you are saying that there is cronyism at J* preventing your promotion to Captain or a particular basing then you don't work under a normal seniority system.

Ah the backpedaling accelerates. Love it.

I literally quoted what you said. I'll throw you another quote of what you said

"Still a steady stream of takers, that's the sad part. If the individual can't even control their urges to fly a jet at any cost what hope have you of a concerted effort to negotiate better. "

That is you, blaming new hires for being unable to negotiate higher pay. You are telling people to rot in GA, or quit the industry all together in order to protect YOUR pay. And you've made the point repeatedly. YOUR WORDS.
Yep and that is the crux, never said they are not entitled to the job, just by taking a job at lower conditions you are affecting the negotiations of those established within a company. Think of the overseas examples of A,B,C whatever scale at Cathay etc... poor guys at the bottom will never be on even close to those that went before, because they accepted those conditions. If you don't accept it, the company is forced to up the conditions.