PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Aus/NZ Positions
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2022, 05:19
das Uber Soldat

Received 110 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by 43Inches
Then you have issues such as how to organise baseings, leave allocation and so on. Good luck sorting those issues out without seniority.
Network manages. Jetconnect manages.

Nothing you have put forward at all makes any argument against seniority. It just confirms you have never worked in a large company where you have been trapped in the lower echelons due to cronyism. Which I have seen directly in GA and in Airlines. Seniority ensures the good and the bad get a go all equally, if they don't measure up they don't progress. Get rid of the ticket system and the airline dictates who progresses and who doesn't, we know where that ends regard to conditions.
Correct. I'm not a struggler.

I love that you think seniority is somehow protection against cronyism or nepotism. Just shows you have absolutely zero understanding of JQ and its makeup.

If I'm a Captain on $300k the FO is probably on $200k, so whats the issue? He's probably unmarried, no kids, has 2 boats a racehorse and a pub.
According to you, the FO has no right to be there. Make up your mind.

As for picketing schools, no that's stupid, its still choice if you want pilot qualifications, but the truth needs to be told to those training what the early part of the industry is like. Although in the Maritime world there are limited spaces to train and you need some form of recommendation to start off, Australian based shipping Captains are paid more than airline Captains as a result. Mate was recently paid $100k to ferry a tug to Singapore, couple of weeks work, back to early retirement.
No, you clearly said that people applying to JQ and other airlines should literally give up their careers to go dig holes.

"And this is the self centered attitude I'm talking about, in a country where you could go dig a hole for $100k a year, you persist at a sub conditions job just because YOU want to. That degrades the conditions for all"

So, let me understand you; You're happy for people to spend 100 grand learning to fly, but they must quit immediately after so as to not endanger your super?

Explain it to me. When precisely is a young person allowed to apply for Jetstar so that they don't receive your condemnation of their 'self centered' attitudes?

This will be good.