PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Aus/NZ Positions
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2022, 02:57
das Uber Soldat

Received 127 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by 43Inches
You are arguing seniority doesn't work on a thread about jetstar, possibly the lowest paid to living costs operator in the world, who still get thousands of applicants and probably hire the most pilots in Australia. What does that say?
About my point? Nothing.

I don't know what deluded economy you live in but what pilot is going to leave QF for VA or J* and move backwards to allow you to have a go at QF.
Strawman.

If pilots had the freedom to move between entities (you know, like pretty much any other profession or executive), then its one more tool available in the bag to improve their wage by moving to the most competitive offer. Just as I said effectively did in GA.

And no one at QF is going to vote down seniority in our lifetime so I have no idea what your argument is.
The argument has been ably explained to you. If you can't comprehend it, ask a friend to draw you a diagram.

All that will happen is VA/Rex/J* pilots will jump around the lower end jobs and the top guys that have been there for ages will still be there.
So? If a J* FO moves to VA as an FO because the pay is better, the prevalence of 'top guys' is irrelevant.

If the EBA is based on time in service you will be paid less as its time in position that pays more not seniority number, airlines would love this as you'd have a constant conga of guys jumping between airlines onto 1 year pay levels when they could have stuck around on 10 year pay.
Non sequitur. Nobody would move unless the package offered was more competitive than what they're on now. What you're arguing is actually in effect, seniority. Being locked into your current role because to move would mean losing money.

Congratulations, you're arguing my point for me now.

Tiger went without seniority for a while and you just end up with wild accusations of favoritism and boys clubs. You really have not worked in the real world to see what happens without a progression based system. All that happens is the top boys surround themselves with buddies and you have to lick arse to get anywhere. You still end up with hopeless candidates as they are based on friendships rather than time in service.
Strugglers unite!

The only way you improve conditions is through unity, GA lacks this completely, so languishes in award land. Airline pilots have unions that set up what they want, or should, and only being united as a group will you get advancement.
Unity is ONE tool in the bag available to drive wages. Being able to market your labor is another.

So whats next mate, going to picket flying schools and abuse every 19 year old who walks in for risking your 300k pay packet? I do hope in the cruise you turn to your young FO and explain to them how disgusting you believe their self entitlement is, that they're sitting here living their dream instead giving the whole thing up to dig a hole somewhere so that you can buy a second boat. You poor bugger, you probably haven't even cracked 2 million in super yet either.

Maybe setup a gofundme and hand the link to all the new FO's? Its only fair.