PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Liverpool-5
Thread: Liverpool-5
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2022, 10:49
Rutan16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UnderASouthernSky
The event is surely no busier than a football match in the city, with the majority of the audience being UK based. Logistics will surely be done by road, so I could only envisage a small increase in foreign scheduled traffic to MAN & LPL and perhaps a few GA at LPL movements on the day.
It's the regions' hotels who will be rubbing their hands.
Much smaller than a Derby -The biggest venues have about 11000 capacity in the city . The festival lasts about a week however only three nights are of importance the two semis and the Saturday final.

Frankly it’s a TV extravaganza in the main .

There are fringe activities that take place of a cultural nature , art stands, food halls that sort of thing and some will travel for those through probably just locals and UK residents with leave to remain; this lovely lady will almost certainly be there eurovision.by.kseniia ( from TikTok fame) waving both a Union Flag and Ukrainian flag she is Ukrainian and has lived here prior to the current war !

There are of course a shed load of TV and Radio jocks and their hangers on , however the broadcast is always by the national broadcaster ( thats the point of Eurovisión) and those will no doubt come from Salford Quays and BBC outside broadcast teams.

It’s a pageant of tat, glamour and dare I say camp and brilliant irony ( love it for the irony alone !)

We may see a visit from Orlena Zelenska and the Ukrainian Airbus 319 I suspect ( would be a nice touch)