PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPAS News 2022
Thread: NPAS News 2022
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2022, 08:10
PANews

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
A strangely final sounding post appeared on the Doncaster NPAS Twitter Account yesterday.In recent days the main parties to the development I had contacted were holding off on comment until later in the month. Even if it is useless there is a lot of activity going on in the background between the politicians and, I thought, all interested residents of the hangars.

Even as everyone else was apparently doing their best on October 6 NPAS tweeted a video clip of G-POLV UKP155 and a very final sounding “the last time she will depart DSA”. She has now been turned over to maintenance support of Gama Aviation and “they will be looking after her until a new operating base is identified. We also say goodbye to three of our staff and contractors who have supported the operation at Donny.”

Perhaps that November date is hard and fast after all? But it does seem an early white flag,

Apparently in time with the announcement about G-POLV and some staff "leaving forever" that aircraft flew DSA to North Weald yesterday. It would therefore seem that all fixed wing operations will shortly become daylight only from North Weald until something permanent is created (post November). I understand that Teesside are interested and they ran the NEASU fixed wing from there. That was effectively a 24/7 operation.

Last edited by PANews; 7th Oct 2022 at 11:40. Reason: Additional information