PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster Sheffield-3
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2022, 18:44
pug

Received 82 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by G-FORZ
Any group company can shift costs around to show a loss, and I think that’s the bit that hurts here, especially when the airport seems to be pulling its weight in attracting an albeit limited (to tui) healthy footfall. It’s the unrealised potential that just seems wrong and stifled. Bigger sadness is the fact that on Nov 1st peel could dig up the runway and knock down the terminal and from there there is no going back in reasonable financial viability of an operational civil airport.
Which is why I feel it disappointing that a fully independent scrutiny has not been completed due to the short timeframe. It may well be that Peel are being truthful, but until that appraisal has been completed a lot of people will be feeling left up in the air without proper answers.

One thing that I feel is overlooked and must not be forgotten though is that until the early part of this year, there were some highly passionate and experienced people heading up the aviation development and management of the airport. I do think they pulled out all the stops to bring in new business…. Whether they were operating to tight internal constraints is open to debate, sadly it seems that may have been the case in recent times.

Last edited by pug; 1st Oct 2022 at 19:51.