PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skirts and heels for men included in Virgin uniform overhaul
Old 30th Sep 2022, 13:32
Eclan

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Ladloy
I don't even work for Virgin oz or atlantic. I couldn't care less about what other people are wearing. Why does it bother you?
I don't know about others but it "bothers" me because I don't like people around me who feel the need to push their individuality, their social justice awareness and dedication (whether it be dressing up in women's clothing at work or waving a Ukrainian flag), their sexuality, their outrageousness, their current fetish, their gender fluidity, their virtue (most of which in my opinion often simply shows their insecurity and need for a social crutch), their challenges to the despised norm, etc in everyone's faces while they post their updates about themselves showing off their disdain, contempt and complete intolerance for the comparatively conservative values of the other person. This sort of crap by Virgin Atlantic trying to grab attention just eggs on these misfits who aren't content to deviate from the established norms in the privacy of their own homes or social scenes and want the rest of society - the majority - to just accept them.

Originally Posted by Climb150
I have shared the cockpit with a person who has fully transitioned to female. It's really not an issue unless you are the problem.
First of all, a man can't just become a woman. He can cut things off, stitch other things up, grow this or that with hormones, etc but is no more a woman than you are the King of England. Saying he is a woman, pretending it's true and trying to force everyone else to agree is the real problem, not the person of conservative or simply logical outlook who does not accept the fallacy.

Sharing the cockpit (and I'm presuming that wasn't some kind of weird innuendo of yours) with someone whose outlook resulted in such a drastic outcome is not necessarily what I'd call ideal and makes me wonder why it isn't cause for suspension of medical certificate pending psychological assessment by the CASA medical zealots who can be counted on to jump at any other opportunity to scrutinise a pilot's medical.

I'm not saying everyone who "transitions" is a crackpot but in many cases where there's smoke there's probably some fire. If you said you occasionally contemplate suicide you'd be grounded in a heartbeat. If you say you're one of a group who we're told badly need this surgery or may succumb to the high risk of self-harm, well, that's okay and everyone else is the problem. Nope, that is simply untrue, Climb150.