PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-10
Thread: Luton-10
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2022, 19:11
Lee Baker Street

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LTNman
I agree if I lived in Harpenden it wouldn’t really bother me too much. The guy was clearly articulate and put across his points well but it bothered him because the track has changed and now aircraft fly over his house. The inference is that if an aircraft is on track then that removes the right to complain. Why?

Nothing would make the airport happier than to show a reduction in noise complaints and this guy is helping to spoil the party. Yes he is trying to skew the figures just like LLAOL does by removing them.

That doesn’t mean he should have been arrested, which is actually an outrage.
Only recently a You Tuber was incarcerated for committing the crime of ‘stalking’ individuals via email. He wanted answers to his questions / enquiries and complaints. Is it reasonable for one person to send email after email after email after email to any person or any organisation because they claim the aircraft noise is too much. Around the airport is a population of approximately 450,000 residents (within 10 miles) whereby in my view 98 percent of them don’t complain. In my personal opinion: Year in and year out it is mostly members of anti airport protest groups who complain and coincidently it’s people who tend to live in exclusive locations! It is interesting to note that I am familiar with several of those mentioned or have contributed in the Inquiry so far and what they have in common is that they moved to the area in the last 12 to 15 years with a thriving airport that generates thousands of jobs. And don’t get me started on to the man who is a guardian of a forest, or on the man who contradicts his own figures regarding job growth!