PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-10
Thread: Luton-10
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2022, 23:28
pabely

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He says he lives in Harpenden, I was brought up there when aircraft did go directly over Harpenden 1-11s, 737-200 etc.
26 departures then, via MATCH now goes South of Harpenden.
I do remember when buying my first property in 1995 it stated that aircraft noise might be an issue. Did his Estate Agent lie about this fact (assuming he bought that is and knowing property prices in the AL5 postcode )? And if noise is an issue every 2 mins, he must have spent 30 secs before making the decision to move to AL5 four years ago.
He obviously works from home, strange location to live as Harpenden is such a London commuter town via railway or M1/M25.
He wants zero flights - I must say sometimes LHR departures caused more noise than LTN ones being heavy 747-200s in the day.
Checking playback of flights on TraVis for the period 00:00 to 06:00 on 27th Sept only one DHL used this departure route so he is making misinformation. Get your facts right mate and your case about being blocked for submitting multiple complaints might have more weight. I'm sure the QCs will check this which weakens his case about 24x7x365. I think it has been stated before that those are the rules on submissions. Hasn't this been highlight before that a single or low digit persons complainants were the vast majority of all complaints??

I'm sorry no time for this guy whereas some of the other points raised by some of the other speakers before him were more interesting.

All this where planes are getting bigger A321s & Max's (quieter I might add than the A319/320CEO 737-800s they are replacing and less CO2).~10-20% more seats so 18M add say 15% = 20.7M. Oh to stand still at 18M would actually involve a reduction in movements, no more investment and no chance of recovering any Debts.
Hey, might be good for Cargo and BizJets though, more slots available! Now remind me, when does Cargo like to fly?