PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Hold Pool
Thread: Jet2 Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2022, 13:11
mesh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep the minute you think a company is going to give feedback, updates etc with thousands of applications you are in for an unhappy time. If you get angry with that then maybe it’s not the right company for you. I think when you are waiting for the call from Jet2 it’s good to think about the recruitment team, the changing market, financial environment etc. The recruitment numbers and experience/type levels that they require are changing daily. Some points to consider…and to touch on some of the points just made. For TRE’s the general figure required was 20ish A320. Guys who have been called for assessment have come from many different airlines and backgrounds. I know and have recommended current A320 TRE’s that haven’t had a sniff of assessment as have many other colleagues. I know of TRE’s that aren’t current on type that have been called for assessment. Jet2 have a long track record of looking at and recruiting a mix of candidates with a variety of experience. It works well, we still have a mix of Type rated and none type rated courses going through. On the NTR you will have big jet, military, rotary, turbo prop etc and thank god for that. Jet2 also has a marked intention to promote from within. There are lately an increasing number of internal upgrades raising there heads. They also have a large order for Airbus and possibly more 737’s which will arrive at different timelines to those expected. All of these factors have an ever changing effect on people needed and called for interview. The picture is changing daily so I find it hard to understand what communication people expect pertinent to them. They can’t tell every individual wether they will be called as they don’t know. They can only tell you that they have received your application. Recruitment is year running so they can’t tell you time is up. From my limited knowledge of the current situation I would say the majority of DEC’s are TRE A320. We needed around 20 and recruitment has been going for quite a while. If more airbuses are coming this may improve and more will be called. DEC, with the command upgrades on the horizon most if not all of the LHS opportunities will be taken by them. FO Type rated, yep probably the biggest group to be recruited. FO NTR also being recruited but a smaller number. As a last bit of hope for the guys that aren’t orange or even type rated. Jet2 still recruit ‘the best fit as an individual’. There will be many Easyjet candidates that don’t get the job for many reasons as there will be ex Thomas Cook etc. When Monarch and Thomas cook went down there were many individuals that thought Jet2 and EasyJet would snap them up and be great full for it. Boy did they get a wake up call. Hang in there and all the best to all applying.