PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truck drivers earning $150 K - Good for them.
Old 23rd Sep 2022, 01:40
43Inches

Received 415 Likes on 229 Posts
If you care to answer my questions, the answer is no, there is no regular medical required, or two or four sim sessions a year to validate skills. Secondly how do YOU know what I KNOW? You don't right?
Medical requirements are dependent on the company, more than by law. By law you only need medical proof if you cross a threshold, then yes regular medicals may be required. Certain companies also have regular medical requirements and drug testing. As for regular sim testing, that's pretty obvious, they don't do truck sims, but your performance is assessed on every delivery, and depending on company how tight things are can vary wildly. The job is also very much less stable and job security is only as good as your reliability. A few occurrences and you will get a DCM very quickly. If you work on mines you will have to follow strict rules monitored by CCTV constantly with mistakes leading to DCMs.

I'm not sure why you are advertising truck employment on an aviation site if you were not somehow comparing it to pilots jobs.