PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USAF F-16 pilot dies possibly due to counterfeit parts in his ejector seat
Old 22nd Sep 2022, 02:16
fdr

Received 856 Likes on 256 Posts
Originally Posted by NutLoose
You would be surprised what turns up, the fan blades of the burnt out BA 747 in Kuwait turned up for sale after they had supposedly been scrapped by a BA rep in country, it only came to light when a company looking at buying them contacted BA to get more information about them.
I myself was looking at trying to source some hard to get parts some time ago that were being sold for an undercarriage and they even had the reg of the aircraft on the paperwork they were removed from, doing a simple search I found pictures of the torn off aircraft wing, upside down and smashed to heck, having landed on a road smacked several curbs, gone through a hedge, hit a tree, was torn off the aircraft and flipped into a carpark with the leg miraculously still intact and pointing skywards, the rest of the aircraft was a semi burnt out wreck. needless to say I bought new parts and accepted the delay in getting them.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...234-story.html

reminds me of a guy who bought a NLG for a C-210, fresh from O/H, turned up and still had the soot on it from the crash it was in. Still, no problem, it had an 8130-3, so what could possibly be wrong with that!