PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bother..what now?
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2022, 14:52
Sharklet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jax98
Hello folks,

Basically I am asking what lies ahead next for me in regards to medicals. I am UK based and hold a class 2 UKCAA medical with a PPL(A).

Last month I had the pleasure of suffering a kidney stone which I was grounded for after telling my AME. I fortunately passed this stone quickly after my A&E visit and at my renewal I was made fit again. Today I attended a private scan (£200 later..) and to my initial relief was told there were no stones in either kidney/ureter or my bladder etc..all good...then..

Then, the doctor starts telling me about a small 'cyst'. He pointed this out on the ultrasound and explained this could benign and harmless or could be something much worse. To my shock he said I'd have to be referred to have this checked to ensure its not cancerous etc.

I have no I'll health at present, my kidney function tests came back all regular. But now I'm being told about cyst I never knew I had... I have attempted to contact my AME to ask if this will effect me, for current flying and also further aspirations.

​​​​​​The terrifying part of this is, I plan on getting a class 1. Would an investigation into the kidney be a bar to getting a class 1? If anyone can share any knowledge id be grateful; if anyone is unsure about posting experiences/advice below please message me even. (Any help is appreciated).

thanks people
Reach me by PM; your inbox appears to be full.