PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Willing to leave RHS for LHS qatar/emirates
Old 19th Sep 2022, 19:12
SaulGoodman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skyfl410
I worked for nine years in the middle east. I'm Currently back in the EU, working for a ''civilized'' airline...Based on my experience, I'm very disappointed in the T&C airlines offered in this '' Civilized'' world. I fly more than I used to in the ME with less than half the salary on a 5/3 roster, four sectors per day without food and only one 1litter of water offered by the airline. Without mentioning all the extra operations on the ground ecc ecc ecc ..
No worries...we are ''protected''... Let's tell our excellent, civilized manager/Unions to increase the salary and provide us with a snack on 10/13 hour duty and a 5/4 roster (which is still a killer) ....but the answer from our great managers was '' Like it or leave it''... this Sounds a bit like ME correct? So who's the slave now?

Let's report fatigue after a 13hours duty ...ahh, no, better not because the managers will want to ask why...
So better call in sick when you feel fatigued? Ahh, no, they don't pay when you are sick.
All these things are worst than the middle east and just a small part of this'' Protected and civilized'' world you like so much.

I passed a few interviews with other ''civilized'' airlines, but the story is always the same T&C suck. If you are not part of a major in the EU, you better do some flight hours and leave. Go to the middle EAST or Asia, where a pilot earns a good salary and still has a few practical benefits. It hurts to say, but it's the truth. Come back with full pockets and enjoy Europe as a tourist.

I'm glad to know you have 4/6 days off after a trip, and please tell us what reality you live in.
You went for DEC in some ****ty airline I assume?
why don’t you apply for RHS at a decent one?