PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ICAO rules and each country's deviation from ICAO "base" rules
Old 19th Sep 2022, 03:27
Gne

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by waterfalls123
Thanks. Yes, at mine too. I'm trying to figure out the source that Jepp, for example, uses to determine those differences between "standard" ICAO rules and each country's rules. And where are those "standard" rules that other countries differ from? If Jepp shows differences, my question is differences from what?
Jeppesen are merely a collator and distributor of aeronautical data gathered at (often) minimal expense from national (State) documents. That they sometimes reformat and thereby induce errors is a concern to most reputable State regulators but there is little that can be done to regulate them directly.

To answer the OP's conundrum: the ICAO SARPS (as detailed in the various Annexes and PANS) are translated into the State regulations (rules) and differences notified to the international community and ICAO by advice to ICAO in accordance with Article 38 of the Convention and noted in the State AIP.

Gne

Last edited by Gne; 19th Sep 2022 at 03:28. Reason: typo