PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 17th Sep 2022, 00:43
phlegm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by XB70Valkyrie
Hi all,

Nice to revive this thread after 2 years. Was just wondering what candidates' experiences have been with the interview and sim flight in Wagga.

I passed my WOMBAT and will be heading down soon.

Thanks!
I went through this a couple of years ago, didn't get in though.

The in person interview was very similar to the phone interview, I got a lot of the same technical questions. Expect them to mostly about whatever aircraft you fly, and a couple of basic questions about the saab. These are meant to be pitched at your current level, although in hindsight I copped a few that were beyond the scope of my training at that time.

They ask the expected questions: why Rex, why do you want to be a pilot, what research did you do to prepare for this interview, do you have any leadership experience, etc. Didn't get many behavioural questions.

The sim was just about doing some basic straight and level turns, maybe some climbing and descending. No landings. I probably tanked this as I'd never flown a sim before and didn't have any kind of instrument scan going that early.

Overall it was a pretty weird experience, going from the wombat test where I didn't see a single person other than a receptionist, to driving 6 hours for an interview to meet two people in a dingy office. Didn't get any feedback after requesting it after either, just silence.