PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yet another RAF whitewash- A400 is simply unfit for purpose.
Old 16th Sep 2022, 17:06
henra

Received 98 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Pistons Forever
Personally I think any airplane that is not full mission capable 17 years after first flight and still has over 100 seriously deficiencies is the very definition of failure
I see it differently. The F-35 brings a leap in capability over the predecessors at only moderately higher costs. This leap in capability will always com at a price. This price being minor deficiencies and annoyances in peace time. If push came to shove you could still use the fleet and enjoy an enormous advantage over the adversary aircraft or Air Defence Systems. The deterrence effect of 700 F-35 will way exceed that of 1000 F-15/F-16/F-18. But we are digressing from the A400M. Which I btw. also don't see anywhere as negatively as some here do. It also has its teething problems but it brings strategic Air Lift capability with excellent Offroad capabilities. Probably not as much advantage over legacy stuff as the F-35 does but still a good capability