PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RIA Saudi Airlines?
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2022, 06:11
Sky Hooker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by reverserunlocked
I lived and worked in Saudi. I agree that things have changed a lot but I just don’t see how an airline using local labour (and that’s surely the idea) will in any way be able to compete with the best from the neighbours in the Gulf. The mindset is changing, but the pace is glacial. This part of the world simply does not have a service orientated mindset when it comes to local staff.

As anyone who’s ever had to go to a Saudi shopping mall and be served by a local can attest, customer service in Saudi is - to be polite - patchy. There are rare pleasant interactions but they are rare. The best you can hope for is indifference, at worst outright hostility. I can’t see this changing quickly.

As I said - cheap fares, an overall unpleasant experience and an airline to be endured rather than desired.
Certainly not the case. Females are flooding the service industry, and I can attest that the industry's experience and quality of service are exceptional. After women have never had the opportunity to work or drive, give them time.
In the 1960s and 1970s, it took time for the west's diverse social movements, largely based in the United States, to seek equal rights and opportunities and greater personal freedom for women.
Current members of Saudi Arabia's Generation Z were educated in the West and have a different mentality and skill set than the old guard. MBS recognizes that Saudis have enormous potential and that, with the right assistance and opportunities, society will change and progress toward Vision 2030. Capital is already there and will be used to help the KSA grow and create jobs. Be patient and don't rely on your perception of the past; instead, anticipate what Saudi hospitality will offer you once it is given the chance to flourish and reach its full potential.