PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Willing to leave RHS for LHS qatar/emirates
Old 15th Sep 2022, 13:16
White Sausage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nickler
Great jobs in Europe? Seriously?

90% of the jobs are LCC, other than that you can count on one hand or less the opportunities to get a DEC entry into a Legacy/Major. I am really curious to know How you can make a NET salary comparable to EK in Europe by working less. I spent 20 years in the ME most of those at EK and I relocated in the Old Continent getting into a LCC where I work as much as before for less than half the salary including different training allowances. You must have hit the jackpot.
Yes I hit the jackpot, absolutely. I didn’t expect that but it happened. And yes, it’s not a LCC or other bottom feeder but a pretty big widebody airline that treats me and quite a few former EK colleagues (all of us DEC) very very well. Nobody of us would ever go back.
I understand that we were very fortunate. Nevertheless it’s not a mine is bigger than yours competition here (I think we left that behind in the ME) but just an honest opinion that one should be very careful to leave laws and rules behind and join EK. I had a good time there but these good times are way over since 2008 and it’s getting worse and worse there.