PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eyesight standards query
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2022, 16:08
Sharklet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flyshechu
Based on my research among Chinese native speakers' online discussions, this is how they will convert "diopters" to "degrees", but I am not sure if Singapore Airlines is looking for an eye exam for glasses or contact lenses. Does anyone have an idea for that?

Also, does anyone know if FAA Operational Color Vision Test (OCVT) and Medical Flight Tests (MFT) results are accepted by CAAS for color vision?
I have a first class medical with a Letter of Evidence (LOE) from FAA with no restrictions except must wear corrective lenses. I have read CAAS' regulation and their requirements are "the applicant shall be required to demonstrate the ability to perceive readily those colours the perception of which is necessary for the safe performance of duties", "an applicant obtaining a satisfactory result as prescribed by DGCA shall be assessed as fit", and "able to readily distinguish the colours used in air navigation and correctly identify aviation coloured lights".
It looks like FAA's exams could be considered valid for color vision? I would appreciate it greatly if someone could share some information on that!
Take a look at this post from another thread.