PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Willing to leave RHS for LHS qatar/emirates
Old 13th Sep 2022, 08:55
flyTheBigFatLady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by maskara
Sorry I don't understand when I have anual leave and there is no permission required to go home, why can't I do.
why? Simple
if you call sick prior to your leave your LVE duty converts into SCK - LVE is a duty where your presence is not required while SCK is a duty with presence at base means DXB therefore you need permission to leave base. Also EK only covers medical expenses being on duty while of base. If you break your leg in your of time it’s only covered in Dubai not abroad.

you also require a EK doctor to sign in for SCK(only EK doctors are accepted) means you go to the ER, thereafter you either send the documents from the hospital to a EK doctor or if able show up in person and only thereafter your SCK is confirmed by EK. To maintain in SCK you frequently need to have appointments with EK doctors to provide information of you status, even these doctors are not in charge of you getting healthy again. Failing to do so can end instead of SCK falling into leave of absence which is an item to disciplinary action by management - meaning a warning letter or worse.
summary if you are in a coma or unable to leave a hospital - that’s easy. A Brocken leg on crunches makes you go to EK doctor once a week at least - meaning you not leaving Dxb because you would fail to see the EK doctor leading to above problem

LVE and OFF are the only codes where you can move without permission still you need the off base form filled

maybe someone with access to omA can copy the definition of these duty codes for him to understand

Last edited by flyTheBigFatLady; 13th Sep 2022 at 09:06.