PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Network Aviation Mass Exodus
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2022, 04:25
davidclarke

Received 113 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Transition Layer
QF cadets with 250hrs have not flowed directly into Mainline for almost 20 years, so I’m not sure how relevant it is to today’s Ts and Cs.
90% of the SOs I fly with these days have extensive jet or turboprop experience, which IMHO justifies the pay of an SO being above a NAA FO. In fact many of them leave the subsidiaries to join Mainline, even if it means handing back a stripe or two.

The latest iteration of the QF Cadet Program will ensure feed into NAA, Qlink, NJS (or whatever the 717/220 operation is called). I’d be very surprised if any go straight into the back seat at Mainline.

You’re kidding right? An SO with extensive jet or turboprop time deserves more than a narrow body FO….that’s the most insane thing I’ve heard all day. We all know that it happens, but that is purely based on legacy conditions.

A narrow body FO has significantly more responsibility, especially flying 4 sector days in challenging conditions than an SO ever will!

I actually wonder sometimes if our mainline colleagues actually do want the subsidiaries conditions raised or do they get some kind of kick out of seeing everyone on lower conditions…..