PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2022, 09:54
whitsunday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 0sprey
Was invited in an email by Cathay 2 weeks ago to take the ICAO. The email also contained instructions to "reply to this email within one week" if you are currently living overseas, which I am. Seems simple enough, right?

However, the email address from which they sent the email displays "careers_no_reply@cathaypacific.com". Was a bit skeptical about whether or not Cathay would be able to receive my reply, so I sent a copy of my reply to "[email protected]" as well.

Radio silence thus far. I know the ICAO is just the very first step of the recruitment process and thus I'm a small fish, but you'd think that a company as big as Cathay would at least send an acknowledgement receipt, provided that they were able to receive my reply with the "careers_no_reply" email address in the first place lol.

Do you think Cathay has received my reply? Has anyone else replied to "careers_no_reply" and gotten a response? Is it normal to wait so long?

Just worried that Cathay may think I am no longer interested in continuing my application, when I very much am.

They used to include a contact person and a phone number in the invitation, regardless of which stage you are at, and this person would normally be the point of contact. Seems those folks no longer with the company anymore. Maybe they are short of staffs?
Just so you know my cousin wrote them two months ago to enquire about the program, and he is still waiting for a reply. Says it all.